[Wine] Wine Notepad vs Windows Notepad

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:02:55 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:55 PM, billstei <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Okay my bad, I see CR-LF now with Wine 1.1.20 when the file is New in Notepad.  Wine Notepad will tolerate LF-only in a loaded file, and saves it LF-only if you re-save, however any (and only) new line breaks inserted are then CR-LF, which then saving produces a mix of both line break types in the file.  I did not test this specific behavior in Windows Notepad.

In windows for me, loading an LF file made with Notepad++, it keeps it as LF.
Any new lines made are then CR+LF.

Windows does seem to add an extra CR+LF, e.g. a file showing as
this line was made in notepad++, unix mode #has lf here
#There is a CR+LF here, but it doesn't show a line break in
notepad...does in notepad ++
this line was made in windows notepad #has cr+lf
this line has no ending character

--
-Austin