[Wine] Re: 4Story charters, monsters, mounts are not animated

Hagar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 14 04:48:54 CDT 2009

Hi Irfy,
1. You have absolutely right about voting for bugs. But there is second voting application popularity. You can see it in the table on the left. All users have 3 points to vote. Guild wars  all version have 142 votes and is second on platinum apps list when you enter AppDB.. that is why I would like to merge and I think that is why jay suggested it.

I personally don't think that 4Story need versions. In my opinion all game versions (global, German, Polish) have the same engine, the same core only difference is content (items, quest) and language. As such shouldn't create different bugs. If in the future we will have to split, ok let's be it but now we don't but what we really need is to turn developers attention at 4Story and it bugs.

2 Yes, game is playable but I asked two of my friends to play. They installed, played 10 minutes and left it, all because this bug.

I'm not so far in game to take part in wars :( but I get you. All overhead text are very hard to read. You have my word I'll report that bug soon, but I have to check something first. I've seen in registry that game wants arial font.. maybe installing it into wine will fix this bug and I want to check different dpi settings.

Btw: You have wrote about problems you have with fullscreen. Can you change game resolution (in game or using setting button before connectiong)? For me game runs 1024x768 and I'm not able to change that this way.
I'm using Kubuntu 9.04 with nvidia repository driver. Starting the game kills my advanced settings (compiz like) but there was no problem for me to alt+tab but my desktop was then in game resolution (1024x768). I have found that there are two keys in registry that set resolution for 4Story. Run regedit from comand line find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Zemi Interactive\4Story_PL\Settings. There are ScreenX and ScreenY entries, right click on each choose modify then set decimal and put your desktop resolution. I've changed them to my desktop resolution (1440x900) now everything runs fine (I'm able to alt+tab even with compiz like plugins). Maybe that is beter workaround for you. Let me know if it helps so I'll write overall guide about that.

Taking things together what do you think about:
1. Deleting old version "open beta" and "1.01" they are unmaintained and forgotten.
2. Merging "1.2 German (03/22/09)" and "12.17.09" together into all versions.