[Wine] Wine and 3D rendering issues

ocellaris grim3k at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:58:46 CDT 2009

3vi1 wrote:

> EagleRock wrote:
>> I'll definitely be trying this out tonight!
>

> Just a quick follow-up:
>
> Adding the 32-bit libraries for nvidia-glx worked!  I got both games to
> run with flawless graphics.  I'm having other issues with the C++
> Redistributables and working with separate wine environments, but those
> are issues I'm tackling myself.  Either way, the huge roadblock is gone
> and I'm moving forward!
>
> Thanks again to everyone for all your help!

I am really curious how you got LOTRO installed with Debian and Wine.  I am
running Wine 1.1.21 with Debian 5.0 Lenny.  The Mines of Moria installer
always gets stuck on the .NET 1.1 prereq.  I have tried the fakenet11.reg
and installing .NET 1.1 using winetricks without any success.  LOTRO always
tries to install the .NET files and hangs.  In other distros I have no had
any trouble getting LOTRO to skip the .NET files by using the registry keys
or winetricks.  I am trying to switch everything over to Debian however
including my desktop PC and this is one of the final sticking points.