[Wine] Can I copy my .wine??

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat May 30 16:15:40 CDT 2009

Beartooth Comcast wrote about Re: [Wine] Can I copy my .wine??

>On Thu, 28 May 2009, James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Beartooth wrote:
>> It is possible that the Garmin program stored files somewhere else
>> on
>> your hard drive.  e-Sword creates a directory in my $HOME and
>> stores
>> files there.  This is pretty weird for a Windows program running
>> on a
>> Mac through Wine.
>
> 	Is there any way to check? Remember I'm running Fedora 10
>and 11 Preview; the Apple Interface and I don't get along.

You can check your system the same way I did.  Open a terminal session.  It open to the home directory for your user.  Type in 'ls -a' without the quotes.  Look for a directory named after the program or with Garmin in it.  This would be the directory you need to copy to the new machine.

Let us know if you find such a directory.

Thank you

James McKenzie