[Wine] can't run wow since wine 1.1.32

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Nov 10 11:37:41 CST 2009

On 11/10/2009 11:43 AM, afreyed wrote:
> I have no idea how to uninstall 64 bit wine, can anyone please help?

I do not use Ubuntu so these are general directions:

Using the drop down menu in the bar across the top of your screen you
should be able to get to a package management system - Ubuntu's version
of add/remove programs, I believe it is called Synaptic. When the window
for that opens up type "Wine" (without the quotes) in the search box.
All the programs related to wine should show up after the search
completes and you can scroll through them to see what is installed on
your machine and what else is available to install.

By looking at either the titles listed or the descriptions you should be
able to figure out if the Wine you have installed is the 64 bit version
or the 32 bit version. If it is the 64 bit version, mark it to be
removed (or uninstalled, I'm not sure what wording they use for that).
After it is removed you can mark the 32 bit version to be installed and
apply that. Then try the game again and see if you still have trouble.
If so you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your video
drivers and testing the game again, sometimes new Wine installs will
confuse the drivers but a reinstall should fix that if it happens. The
drivers should be able to be done through the package manager just like
Wine was.