[Wine] Can't get Band-in-a-Box to run

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Oct 25 19:55:49 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 19:23 -0500, Radissthor wrote:
> I don't know if I understood correctly, but the CD IS mounted on media/cdrom

OK. Different distros have different default mount points. Fedora
uses /media/cdrom but I don't remember (if I ever knew) which distro
you're using and so didn't know where it mounted a CD.

> Inside the CD there are two folders, one named Band in a box 2008 and the other one contains a patch (don't know if that's the correct word, but like an add-on) to run the program in Spanish. The later I haven't touched. When you open the Band in a box folder, there's only 1 file that's called Band in a box.exe
> When you right click it to open it with Wine, the setup has like 10 different programs that apparently go with BIAB (master blues, jazz solos, etc..) Some folders get installed in C:/bb and other in C:/Program Archives

Questions:
- Can you tell by looking at the CD what else should go in C:\bb ?
- at a guess C:\bb is a temporary directory thats only used during
  installation. Did your initial installation complete OK?

Martin