[Wine] Recursive winedbg crash: Unhandled page fault on read access

01d55 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 18 02:56:17 CDT 2009

Code:
$ winecfg
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x75b3d5f0 at address 0x3950e826e3 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000028 at address 0x7fd95b840fc7 (thread 001c), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000028 at address 0x7fff23aa0fc7 (thread 001e), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000028 at address 0x7fd3c88b0fc7 (thread 0020), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000028 at address 0x7f3753330fc7 (thread 0022), starting debugger...

I uninstalled/reinstalled wine and took out my old .wine directory trying to get my alsa driver back, and ever since then I get the first page fault whenever I try to open the audio tab in winecfg. The subsequent page faults occur when I close the program error dialogue. Every time I hit "close program" a new instance of winedbg.exe runs and crashes and opens a new program error window. To stop the cycle, it's necessary to ctrl-C (if running in terminal) or use ps and kill each winedbg process if the program was started in the window manager.

Ever since wine stopped seeing my alsa driver, which killed my ability to hear sound in wine, every crash I've had has led to recursive winedbg crashes. (only the jack driver was available, attempting to use it causes a crash.) What's new is the fact that I can easily crash winecfg and start the recursive winedbg crash whenever I feel like it.