[Wine] Re: SAP BusinessOne

linuxgonz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 30 10:05:51 CDT 2009

Hey Banoguez,

One of the coolest things in Linux is that the Terminal Server Client implementation is very mature. In fact, there are more command line options for the ts client (rdesktop) in Linux than in Windows.

What I do for my SAP Business One users is that I install Ubuntu Linux, then I create a bash script using rdesktop, like:

rdesktop 192.168.0.1 -u 'username' -d DOMAINNAME -p password -k es -g 1249x753 -m -s 'C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\SAP Business One.exe'

Using this options, you will get an app window with SAP only, no Start menu, no task bar.

You get a lot from this approach, in one hand you can have a stable, virus free, user proof client OS, and in the other hand you get a controlled and easy to maintain SAP Business One environment.

I have 24 SAP B1 users and 19 of them work using this TS+Linux approach, so, when I have to deploy an AddOn or update B1 version, I only have to do it in 5 computers only intead of going to 24 seats.

I also use Wine a lot, this is the reason why I visit this forums and read your posting. For SAP Business One I don't think Wine is the best way to go.

I am also located in Mexico, if you need more help please contact me.