[Wine] Re: :idea: A way to automatically test wine applications

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 1 08:44:06 CDT 2010

fernandocarvalho wrote:
> So, I was figuring out, if there is a way to automatically test applications, against Wine.

Yes there are multiple ways to do this. The problem it's too time consuming. And writing complete test for a complex application like MS Word, or most games is nearly impossible.

Wine has extensive set of tests that have to pass for each patch to be accepted. If you see more regressions write more tests.