[Wine] wine1.2rc-x changes brightnes in flash fullscreen (nvidia)

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 1 15:49:28 CDT 2010

<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hey,
>
>I've noticed some strange behaviour in the latest wine versions 1.2rc-x.
>

>With wine 1.2-rc5 it noticed something else. It changes the birghtness level in flash
>videos when I set them to fullscreen in the browser.
>I tested it with firefox and uzbl-browser. When wine is installed and the level is set
>to 35 it goes up to 100 when I click fullscreen for example in a youtube video. (or any
>other site that has flash videos). With "smartdimmer -s 35" I can lower the birghtness
>level and when I click on fullscreen it goes up to 100 again.

Is this with the Linux Flash player or Windows Flash player (there is or was a Linux native version of Flash, that's why the question.)

>When I uninstall wine this doesn't happen again with flash videos anymore. Only when
>wine is installed.

Can you run this when playing a Flash video with Wine installed:

[code]

ps -ef | grep wine

[/code]

and advise what is returned?

Thank you.

>So for some reason it affects smartdimmer and the brightness level in flash videos when I make them fullscreen.
>
>additional Info;
>Arch Linux (32 & 64)
>Kernel 2.6.34
>Xorg 1.8.1.902
>Nvidia 256.35

This maybe related to all of the other nVidia problems reported with Wine.

James McKenzie