[Wine] Re: AOE runs but doesn't.

Ebere wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 3 16:46:47 CDT 2010

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> The original AoE's copy protection consisted mostly of a CD label check...
>
> Gert

Thank you.

I knew that. That should have been clear in the OP.

I dealt with the initial problem by going into wine cfg and setting the cd drive, where the cd lives... Active and mounted. Etc.

Now... The game -will- start. Whereas before, it wouldn't even start, because it was looking for, and not finding the cd.

But... Once the game starts... If I try to play a single-player game... it AGAIN tells me that I have to put the cd in, if I want to play a single-player game.

Seems to me, once it checks for the cd and finds it.. Then allows the game to even start, to begin with... It should KNOW the frikken cd is there, when I try to play a single-player game, from the main menu.

Something else must be happening.

I have also tried going to the cd, and starting the game from there. Still doesn't work in single-player mode.