[Wine] drive letter problem, pclinuxos

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Jul 9 05:57:27 CDT 2010

> The configurator shows:
>
> A:  /mnt/floppy
> C:  ../drive_c
> D:  /mnt/cdrom
> E:  /home/doug
> Z:  /
>
> I cannot access A: or D:, even when there is software in those
> actual drives (i.e., floppy and CD).  Trying to access them
> from the command prompt says "path not found."

Questions:

1) Are the floppy and CD automounted if you put a disk in the drive?
2) Is the floppy automounted as /mnt/floppy and the CD as /mnt/cdrom?

If either floppy or CD doesn't automount (and I'd be surprised if the
floppy automounts) you'll have to mount the disk before you can read it
and remember to unmount it after use before you remove it from the
drive. In this case, use the mount point that Wine is expecting.

If either CD or floppy automounts to a different place, change the wine
configuration to match the actual mount point. Recent Fedora distros
automount CDs and USB mass storage devices as /media/LABEL where "LABEL"
is the disk's volume name so its likely that pclinuxos does the same, in
which case it may be easier to manually mount the disk so you can
specify the name of the mount point to match the wine configuration.

Martin