[Wine] Make sure that Visual Studio works before 1.2 release

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 11 13:48:59 CDT 2010

fernandocarvalho wrote:
> It is not that the point.
> What I was thinking is in a way to better test Wine against Windows, from inside Wine.
> If Visual Studio, were really working, than we could make scripts, to execute Wine tests, with Visual Studio tools.
> This could help finding system calls that are not complying to Windows.
> I don't need Visual Studio, because I don't waste my time developing for windows.
> My real go with wine is to help people get rid of Microsoft monopoly.

Your last statement makes no sense in this case.  We need to have an
external method of verification.  Remember, if we follow the jailer, we
will end up in jail eventually.  If we follow Microsoft, we are bound to
end up frustrated.  I'm not certain if there is an opensource project
that will create .NET programs (nor do I care that folks seem to want to
support this brokenness but that is their deal) but there should be.  I
think that is part of the purpose of the Mono project.

James McKenzie