[Wine] Re: Wizard101 Game and Website unreachable

Ace Blackwell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 18 12:21:18 CDT 2010

I've downgraded to 1.1.24 rev level.  It's an AlienBob Slackware package.  I also installed IE6 instead of IE7.  I'm still having no luck accessing Wizard101 website or game. I still can't access it using Firefox (through wine).  I did find something out however.

When I tried to access W101 in IE6, I received a File Down load popup.  It allows me to choose between Open, Run, or Cancel.  Regardless of my choice get an IE error about not being able to download the file.  I would assume this was IE related accept It happens in Firefox as well.  Also I remembered when I used to run login the game a popup would come up and ask about saving a "paid" file.  I guess it was a way to determining  subscription status.

So my conclusion is that with the new WINE and IE7, this files are trying to download but are being blocked.  My problem becomes how to get Linux to allow WINE to accept these downloads.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Ace