[Wine] Re: Sysinternals autorunsc.exe

freagan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 26 11:49:52 CDT 2010

This app parses an "offline" copy of a Windows Registry File so, in theory, at least for reading registry entries it shouldn't be a problem running it with Wine. I have already used similar tools on linux using Wine, for example "RegRipper". The problem here is that Autoruns.exe give an error "Autoruns requires Administrator privilege to analyze an offline system" when you try to load the "offline" registry file.
Searching with google I understood that this problem can be related to some not implemented API call and that's why it is not possibile to resolve it using simple command line switches. Is it true?

Thanks.