[Wine] Photoshop CS4 WINE version 1.1.17 - unable to locate three d

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Mar 24 05:39:21 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 22:12 -0500, hellork wrote:
> And of course no thread about Photoshop would be complete without the
> usual mention of free native Linux alternatives, e.g. gimp. I have
> Photoshop and I have played with it on wine, but I now do most of my
> photo editing, resizing and cropping batches of photos that people
> upload, on the command line remotely with gm convert by the way. (My
> server is offshore.) Carry on.

Its also worth looking at Image Magick. This is a set of scriptable
command line utilities - just the thing for applying a common set of
transformations to a batch of photos.

Don't forget, too, that the Gimp can be used remotely provided that
you're using ssh for remote access and you've enabled X.11 forwarding.

Martin