[Wine] Re: Trying to Get EMBIRD32 Working Under Wine

oldefoxx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 28 11:30:30 CDT 2010

As to your mention of AppDB, I got to it, but that was about all.  nothing i tried did anything or took me any place.  Not sure if there is anything there or not.  Embird is a great embroidery program, and more recent versions add a digitizer as well.  Some programs run into thousands of dollars.  My wife got hers for about $60.  The newer versons are about twice that.  So I am trying to this for her.

Something else you said sounds encouraging, because they represent things to do and try.  I will do that, as soon as I find out what is meant and really involved.

Since you have made it clear that wine does involve a Registry of sorts,
that means another program might be made to work there as well.  I am referring to IncrediMail XE.  Once people use IM, they don;t want to settle for anything lesser.  Lots of graphics and animation included.  And very heavy use of the Registry for just about everything, including user account info.  In fact, that makes it completely unsecure, so it is out for business use.  Some sites block its traffic, but you can always elect to just use text emila.  The free version is very good in most respects, and the paid for eversion is supposedly better.

The www.winehq.org site still baffles me.  That's not your doing, but it does mean that I haven;t found ways to get any real benefit from it yet, except to post the original request.  Not even exactly sure how I managed to do that.  These reply links work fine to get back here after I get something started, but I bet the real thing I am missing out oun is what is in AppDB.  WQell, maybe with some more effort it will startx to make sense.

Your comment on input and output levels is of course correct, but otten
testing levels involves special connectore and releate equipment.  Wich adequate spares on hand, he best way is to swap out half the components and see whaqt impact that has.  If none, then problem is probably in the remaining half.  If it changes, the problem appears to be tied up in the ones swapped out.  Each time you settle on a half, you next change out just half of that number, until you are down to one.  This is an application of the binary method, or divide by two.  It is effective, and it can be fast.  But it does require that the equipment be out of service while you are using it.