[Wine] Internal error - invalid parameters recieved

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 1 11:31:00 CDT 2010

kicsyromy <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Oct 1, 2010 7:37 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Internal error - invalid parameters recieved
>
>Hello,
>
>I've upgraded to maverick from lucid (a clean install). I've been getting the same error for many applications running
>from wine, each in it's own bottle.

Has Maverick been released for general use?

>Garena starts with the error but I can't log in,

There was a thread on Garena problems, and it would be a good idea to visit the Applications Database to see what, if anything, can be done to fix problems with this program.

>Heroes 3 runs without a glitch and suddenly crashes with the same error, Microsoft Office same thing, just crashes out of
>the blue,

>I can't install ie7 or ie8....same thing.

Are you using winetricks to install IE7?

>Console output shows nothing wierd...only the error dialog box appears and depending on the application it either crashes
>or it seems to keep working and does nothing.
>
>I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 RC1
>Kernel 2.6.35-22-generic
This may be the source of the problem.  There have been reports (here and elsewhere) with this kernel release that affect more than just Wine.  The consensous is to wait on 2.6.36.  Since I don't run this kernel I cannot confirm those reports.  This is just what I've read on several mailing lists.

Again, it would be 'nice' to see a log file from when these programs break.  Can you capture one and post it to a site like pastebin.com?  (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log has instructions on how to capture a log file.)

Thank you.

James McKenzie