[Wine] Re: Disable the Gecko HTML rendering prompt?

DarksideEE7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 4 05:43:06 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:

> DarksideEE7 wrote:
> >
> > So in that case then a bug should be written up for the dialog box?  It doesn't install it correctly, so what's the point of that prompt existing at all?
>
> The point of the prompt is to let you know that gecko isn't installed. Apps need it for html rendering.
>
> If your distro doesn't package gecko properly, you need to report that to your distro. You can still install gecko yourself following the instructions I linked you to. If you are building Wine yourself, you will also have to install gecko yourself.

I see what you're saying, but the prompt also has an install or cancel option, and it installs gecko under:

Code:
drive_c/windows/syswow64/gecko/1.0.0/wine_gecko

I'll perform the procedure from the wiki and see if that fixes it, but I think that if the prompt offers to install wine then it should fully work, or not offer to install at all.  That's really the main reason I made this thread, since it actually does install and function correctly, only it continues to nag every time wine updates.