[Wine] will darwine a big threats to bill gates? or a big helper?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 24 21:51:19 CDT 2010

On 10/24/10 6:26 AM, DaVince wrote:
> Darwine? Wasn't that project abandoned years ago?
Mike Kronenberg and others (among them me) tried to revive this
project.  However, it proved to be to broken to continue.  Mike moved on
to WineBottler and I've moved onto working on richedit functions that
are missing from Wine.

Darwine basically is a DEAD project and should remain so, as the x86
emulator crawled on my PowerBookG4 and was only acceptable on the higher
end G5 systems.  Now that Apple has moved to Intel based processors,
Wine will build and run under both the MacPorts and Fink projects (I use
the latter and many Wine/MacOSX users use the former.)

James McKenzie