[Wine] winecfg screen size

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 28 20:03:43 CDT 2010

I have been trying to get wine up and running for some time. I work with
the Debian Linux system with a KDE Desktop. Debian is supplying version
1.0.1 . I just installed the .deb file from the Wine website which is
version 1.1.24. That is the highest version available for the Debian
system. All of the versions that I have tried have the same thing wrong
with the graphic interface. I will  use winecfg as an example. The
configuration screen shows up in the 800 x 600 mode with the lower half
of the screen cut off by the size of the wine desktop. The wine desktop
is not re-sizable, has no scroll bars and is about 1/4 the size of my
1280  x 1024 KDE desktop. All of the control buttons at the bottom of
the winecfg screen are cut off. There is no way to change the settings.
Notepad works fine but can not be resized. I've tried to reset the video
mode on KED with no improvement. Internet Explorer runs but shows in 800
x 600 mode. How do I get control of winecfg. Yes I am not running in root.

Gary R.