[Wine] Re: Installation error Macbook pro

rwoodsmall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 4 19:26:21 CDT 2011

I'd recommend making sure Xquartz is installed:

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki

And getting the latest greatest Xcode for Leopard/10.5 should get you a bit farther.  The last 10.5-compatible version was Xcode 3.1.4, I believe.  You can get it for free with an Apple developer account at:

http://connect.apple.com

I bundle a bunch of OS X prereqs up in my build script.  Note that there are some issues on 10.5 though, and I haven't had spare cycles to look into them; 10.6 works like a champ (it's what I use), and I think 10.7 should work as well, as long as the Xcode 3.2 from Snow Leopard is used.  No idea on Xcode 4 or 4.1 on Lion.

http://code.google.com/p/osxwinebuilder/

The 10.6/Snow Leopard update is $29, likely cheaper from retailers other than Apple now that Lion is out, and it's a good deal more stable and supported than 10.5. -r