[Wine] Re: 5.1 sound

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 13 21:31:43 CST 2011

Lopov wrote:
> I disagree, a majority of users do use 5.1 even 7.1 sound

That majority will be you, and that other person who opened the bug... Every other Wine user would be a minority I guess.

Of course windows has a leg up on Wine. Most everything that produces >2 sound channels is proprietary, closed technology covered top to bottom with 1,000s of patents (esa, dvd, blu-ray). At least Windows good for something (watching movies and playing games). You can do everything else on Linux.

Joking aside, the reason it's not implemented is no one _really_ needs it. And those who needs it are not vocal enough, or rich enough.