[Wine] MS-DOS Batch File Commands

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 04:39:17 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 18:22, johnaaronrose <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the AndroidSDK going under Wine. There are problems
> with the MS-DOS commands (for example, the /D option with the 'For'
> command and the use of options to apply to the Path environment varaible

'for' support is incomplete/buggy in current wine

> I presume that the cmd.exe (in Wine's Windows32) folder is the program
> used to run MS-DOS batch files. Could anyone point me to a definitive list
> of commands and their parameters that Wine's MS-DOS uses & which work for batch files?

You can run 'wine cmd' then 'help' or 'help <command>' to see a list
of commands. The documentation may be lacking, though.

For a list of builtin commands supported, you'd have to look at the
source, e.g. from
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/tree/HEAD:/programs/cmd
(and run the cmd test suite).

You can find the current bug list for component 'cmd' with
http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&list_id=21661&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=cmd