[Wine] AutoGK issue on OS X

sharkus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 13 13:16:05 CST 2011

Hello all,
I'm trying to convert a DVD movie from the original DVD to a 700MB AVI file.
Note: This is from a DVD I purchased, I want to convert it for home use, I'm not uploading it anywhere.

I've used MacTheRipper to rip the DVD and I've got a folder containing AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS sub-folders and associated files.

Wine comes into play as I want to use AutoGK (Auto Gordian Knot) to take those files and generate a 700MB AVI file from them.

I've installed wine 1.2.2 from here (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/wine/), plus winebottler as well.

I have followed instructions here (http://dailyapps.net/2008/08/hack-attack-how-to-create-axxo-quality-dvd-rips/) on how to set things up.

It happily runs through for about 18 mins and ends with an error:
EXCEPTION: Range check error

Now, I've run the same thing via a Windows PC and it looks as though the problem is where AGK would launch the VirtualDubMod app.

Does anyone have any ideas of why Wine / AutoGK cannot launch VirtualDubMod and how to fix this issue?

Thanks[/url]