[Wine] Use raw-format drives

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 19 07:52:51 CST 2011

On 2/19/11 6:42 AM, annacegu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using a Windows program, that is trying to read a raw-format drive through USB.
>
> I've tried making a symbolic link to the device from my dosdevices directory
> ln -s /dev/disk3 x:
> but the program still doesn't recognise it.
>
> This program currently works on winxp.
>
> Is there any way to read such a drive through wine?

If the program uses a Windows system driver (.sys), no.  Linux does not
allow users to run this type of driver.

If the program accesses the drive, maybe.  Run the lsusb program when
you insert the drive and see what Linux is reporting as the drive.
Since the drive is 'raw' it should not have a drive letter.  This is why
I wrote the first part of my comment.

James McKenzie