[Wine] Re: Use raw-format drives

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 19 12:14:24 CST 2011

annacegu wrote:
> I am currently using a Windows program, that is trying to read a raw-format drive through USB.

No, for several reasons:
1. Wine does not talk directly to USB devices
2. Wine does not support any low level file-system operations
3. Even if your program can do the file-system part itself, Wine still doesn't have all low-level storage operations (ioctls).
4. Wine does not fill all registry places where programs like yours looking for the disk.

The last reason is why your program doesn't see the disk. But even if it would, it won't work.