[Wine] WoW quits right after I click PLAY

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Sat Feb 26 09:51:17 CST 2011

On 02/25/2011 07:48 PM, danyaeldemonic wrote:
> well, as an update, i wiped that hard drive off and replaced it with a larger drive. So I'm now running Ubuntu 10.10. My vid card is an Intel GMA950. Onboard, it sucks, I know. However, this computer WAS playing WoW before I converted it to Ubuntu, so I'm at a loss.

  You may have lucked out in Windows and been able to use it but the
video drivers in Linux are different than the ones on Windows, even for
the same video card. Intel doesn't really bother with making good Linux
drivers. I was able to play WoW in Linux with a video card below the
specs the game required but it was an Nvidia card and had a good video
driver. I'm sorry to not be more helpful, but your best chance at
playing the game will be to replace the video card.