[Wine] No connection to mysqld

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Feb 27 18:31:36 CST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 17:42 -0600, jheid wrote:
> I'm using the Linux mysqld now and copy the data files to the Windows
> version. They seems to be binary compatible, but I don't think I can
> rely on this.

Why on earth not? MySQL, like all RDBMS, works perfectly well when the
client programs are on another OS and/or hardware.

In this respect its just like any other TCP-capable server, e.g Internet
web and mail servers. If any of these it can't or won't work with
clients running on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms it
won't be used by many projects. That will get it a bad reputation and
nobody will use it.

MySQL may have its weak points but this isn't one of them.

Martin