[Wine] Microsoft Office and Wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 21:21:46 CST 2011

abestern <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm considering installing MS office on my 64bit Fedora 14 laptop and I'm looking for a bit of
>advice.  I would like to have the best shot at a getting a stable, problem free MS office suit [sic]
>running.  So what I'd like to know is what version of wine should I install and what version of >office should I get.

Office 2007/32 bit.  Right now Wine has problems running 64 bit applications, but these are being worked on and solved.  It appears you want to work today in Word/PowerPoint/Exel (Access is another story and requires some work to get functional.)

Wine does come in 32 bit and 64 bit flavors.  For now, use the 32 bit version.

However, there may be others that have used Office 2007 64 bit and found it workable with Wine 64 bit and I would like it if they add their experiences here and on the Applications Database.

James McKenzie