[Wine] SSE2 - Wine issue or not?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 09:15:35 CST 2011

Saulevas <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>I was using Wine 1.2.2. I guess it's the last stable version of Wine. However, odd thing happened right after my post - I
>couldn't get Wine to start at all [Shocked] I click on an any Wine App icon and I get no response... but wait, after some >3 minutes the application launches...  :?

Do you have ANY networked printers that can be accessed by your system?  This will cause Wine to start VERY slowly, sometimes not at all.  And this is not completely a Wine problem, this is a known problem with the CUPS printer access system trying to access the printer and not receiving a response.  There is not much that Wine can do about this.

James McKenzie