[Wine] Re: DVDSubEdit 1.51

paolocchio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 30 11:25:19 CDT 2011

> That's because the Gimp, like all Linux programs, expects '/' rather
> than '\' as the separator in a path name. One way to get round it is to
> write a small script as a wrapper for the Gimp and tell your program to
> use the script as the bitmap editing tool. I just wrote and tested one:
> it is called gimpwrapper and has three lines.....
>
> ==============start of gimpwrapper===============
> #!/bin/bash
> f1=$(echo "$*" | tr '\\' '/')
> gimp $f1
> ===============end of gimpwrapper================
>
> The first line is standard script boiler-plate to make sure that the
> bash shell is used to interpret the script, which must be made
> executable with chmod. The second line does all the work: it feeds all
> the arguments supplied to gimpwrapper through the 'tr' utility, which
> replaces all ocurrences of '\' with '/'. The third line passes the
> processed argument(s) to the Gimp.
>

> Martin

Thanks for the answers. First I tried Martin Gregorie 'gimpwrapper'. I saved the script in my desktop (scrivania) and gave the following commands:

utente at utente-desktop:~$ sudo cp /home/utente/Scrivania/gimpwrapper /usr/bin
utente at utente-desktop:~$ sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/gimpwrapper

But when I choose 'Edit subpic with external tool', 'Gimp' keeps on giving:

<Opening of "/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp" has failed: cannot open '/usr/bin/C:\users\utente\Temp\tempbitmap.bmp' in read mode: non existing file or directory>

I don't know what went wrong.

Best regards,
Paolo