[Wine] ies4linux / our wine does not have wineprefixcreate installe

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Tue Mar 1 19:32:52 CST 2011

* Tim Johnson <tim at johnsons-web.com> [110301 16:18]:
> * dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> [110301 15:51]:
> >
> > Tim Johnson wrote:
> > > I have Wine wine-1.2.2 installed on mint 10 (extension of ubuntu
> > > 10~).
> > > I'm attempting to install ies4linux.
> > >

> > IEs4Linux is not supported here. If you need real IE, use winetricks to install it.
>
>   Thank you very much for the reply. However you have not given me
>   any information on how to install winetricks. winetricks is not
>   installed on this system and apparently was not included with the
>   wine install.
>
>   Understand that I am on an ubuntu-base system. Please explain to
>   me (and to others who may view this email list) how I may install
>   winetricks in a manner compatible with this Operating System.
  As is usual with wine this turns out to be an inadequate install.
  I went to http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks and installed
  winetricks.

  I ran winetricks and installed IE7. I'm frankly impressed with
  winetricks itself but the result is the same as wine itself. IE
  runs without javascript support. In the past I have had javascript
  (jscript) for IE running properly from Win4Lin and from crossover.

  Unfortunatley, Wine starts up a 'crippled' version of IE that does not
  support javascript. This is just not what web developers like
  myself and many others are looking for. The winetricks install is
  the same problem.

  It is worth it to me to shell out a few extra bucks to use
  crossover, but wouldn't it be just great if wine could give me an
  IE that actually supports javascript? Perhaps I have missed
  something here, but I recall earlier that I was told as much on
  this list not to expect a fully functional IE from wine.

  regards
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com or akwebsoft.com