[Wine] Future Tax Regression

Alan_H wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 2 23:40:26 CST 2011

Hi to all,

I'm trying to run a Canadian income tax program called FutureTax2010 (www.futuretax.ca) under wine 1.2 and 1.3 beta, but there appears to be a regression.  It runs under wine 1.0.1, and loads OK under 1.3, but when I try to open an existing (known valid) file FT pops up a message box that says "An unsupported operation was attempted".  A screen shot of the end result of the error chain may be seen at

http://ubuntuone.com/p/fsv/

The AppDB listing indicates the same experience.

I ran winedebug with the command

> WINEDEBUG=+seh,+msgbox wine FutureTax.exe&>/home/alan/Desktop/FT022130.txt

The resulting error file may be seen at

http://ubuntuone.com/p/fsu/

I'm not sure if I have the correct debug controls, but an attempt to use +all generated a file in excess of a gigabyte!

Any suggestions?  It would be nice to get the regression cleared so one doesn't have to run dual versions of wine to use the program every year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan

P.S. This problem was originally mentioned under another thread concerning CadStd not running under 1.0.1.   CadStd runs under 1.3, so it would appear wiser to try to clear the regression on FutureTax than go backwards with CadStd.