[Wine] The program Dls3_32.exe has enountered a serious problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:22:16 CST 2011

On 3/7/11 1:33 PM, mywine wrote:
> mywine wrote:
>> James McKenzie wrote:

>>> Please see the FAQ on how to fix Wine now that you ran it as root and
>>> FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS YOU WERE GIVEN FOR THE LOG FILE.
>>>
>>> James McKenzie
>>
>> Thanks James, I found the solution to change ownership as mentioneb in the FAQ.
>> cd ~
>> sudo chown -R $USER:$USER .wine
>>
>> Can you please let me know where I can find the log files please.....
>
> Tried to look into the log&  getting messages........
>
> err:ole:ClientIdentity_QueryMultipleInterfaces IRemUnknown_RemQueryInterface failed with error 0x80004002
> fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
> fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
> fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
> fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
> err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\DAO\\Dao2535.tlb\"" failed$
> fixme:cacls:main This is dummy cacls, not performing ACL manipulations
>
> Just wanted to check with you guys, I havent installed Access 2003 /2007 in Ubuntu 10.10 yet......could that be an issue or if you have any other solution that I can try.....please let me know......Hoping to see your message........

The log file is in the same directory where you ran the program from.
That is the purpose of the redirect symbol (>).  So if you ran the
program foobar and wrote to the file foobar.log in the directory
$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files\Foobar2000 the file would be
$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Foobar2000/foobar.log and would
contain (given what is in the FAQ entry) both what you would have seen
on the screen as normal and error output.  That needs to be posted to a
site like pastebin.com (since you stated you are using Ubuntu, they have
a pastebin that you can use) and only the URL to where the file is
located posted here (http://pastebin.com/<lots of junk looking
characters here>).

Remember, we cannot fix the problem if we cannot see the entire log.
You can also add the command line you used to run the program to the top
of the file.

Thank you.

James McKenzie