[Wine] Re: Winetricks is dead, long live winetricks!

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 12 12:27:49 CST 2011

Usurp wrote:

> You aren't at least repeatedly told to use "vanilla Wine" like for POL users and it has a page in the official Wiki.

No, we just repeatedly tell users to reinstall to a clean wineprefix without any winetricks.  We also tell them not to file any bugs here if they have used winetricks.

As Dan himself stated in the original post, winetricks has its own website and bug tracker:

> For bug tracker, mailing lists, and wiki, see
> http://winetricks.org
>
> Download url:
> http://winetricks.org/winetricks

Support for winetricks has always come from Dan and the others who work on it, and the reason it seems like it's "officially supported" is because they do such an excellent job of it.