[Wine] Autocad 2011 instalation is breaking up

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:56:20 CDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:19 AM, dimesio <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> gesaugen wrote:
>>
>> So, theres a permission problem whit instaling an atuocad 2006...
>> I'm very new to linux so I'm not shure how to fore permission other than "sudo" command, but when I type "sudo wine setup.exe" the installation doesn't even start?
>>

> Never run wine as root. If you've done so, you've created permissions problems. Follow these instructions to fix it:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_as_root
>
>> "howto" from this page doesnt work for me Sad
>> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6035
>
> Did you upgrade to 1.3.15 as you were told? If not, do it now.
>
> Once you've upgraded, try installing to a clean wineprefix. If there is nothing installed in ~/.wine that you want to keep you can just delete it and start
> over. Otherwise, use a separate wineprefix for Autocad. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf
>
> If the installer still fails on a clean wineprefix with current Wine, post terminal output from the installer. If it's long, use pastebin and post a link here.

If you (gesaugen) still receive the error on install, we need to see a
log file from the install.  I highly recommend saving it to a logging
file (instructions are on the FAQ, follow the logging file link) and
posting it to a site like pastebin.com (Ubuntu has its own pastebin
and that works just fine.)

As to the 'You do not have access to the files/directories" error, all
programs in Wine are run as Administrator.  Thus you should have
access rights.  Until a set of logging files is created, we cannot
determine why that error is occurring.