[Wine] is this possible

david.hagood at gmail.com david.hagood at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:02:00 CDT 2011

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:29 PM, pieterparker17
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> dear all
>>      i need driver for IC CY7C68001 (cypress semiconductor) for linux
>> .can anyone guide me for this driver link? i am running my exe through
>> Wine..   so
>> wheter wine will automatically pick the driver from kernal or i have to
>> add this driver into the W ine lib ??
>> regards
>>
> What kind of device is this?

Its a microcontroller with built-in USB (I've worked with them).
Programming the device is done over USB.

Short answer to the original poster: you aren't going to run the Windows
code since it uses a Windows kernel mode driver, and those don't work
under Wine (and likely never will).

You might look at the ezusb project:
http://ezusb2131.sourceforge.net/

You can build the cross compilers under Linux - they are just a modified
GCC anyway.