[Wine] Of Starcraft 2 and Mice

NuMPTy_87 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 26 20:24:22 CDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've tried browsing the endless wine faq's,forums, and bug reports and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Anyways, as for my actual issue:
Ubuntu 10.10 on 2.6.35-28-generic x86_64

I'm running on the latest public build (1.3.16) (same behaviour in 1.2x) and have a rather annoying problem.

Since there are a lot of issues when not running SC2 in a 'virtual desktop' environment, I've opted to simply run it in that way. There is an option for 'Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window', which should be able to do as advertised, however it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

If I move my mouse to the right (towards my 2nd monitor - setup in TwinView), it will always leave the screen 'without' scrolling. I've also setup 'Confine Mouse Cursor' within the game itself without avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to modify to get my mouse to stop leaving my screen?

Thanks!