[Wine] Re: No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

JontomXire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 21 06:11:47 CST 2011

dardack wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:02 AM, JontomXire <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>

> > I'm feeling quite depressed by this whole saga. I'm considering getting an NVIDIA GT440 graphics card (which supports DirectX 11) and is relatively cheap. The cheapest GTX card I can get is the one I bought two of for my other PC and costs more than twice as much. Costs are:
> >
> > NVIDIA GT 440 - £43
> > NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti - £105
> >

> Personally Look at the 460.  The x60+ are the better cards.  Where 60
> is a ton of bang for buck IMO.  I got 2 460's for $190.

Do you mean GTX460? I can only see a GTX 460.

My other PC has twin GTX 550s,a nd looking at the spec they look better. Faster clock speeds and one or two more features. They are also 2/3 the price:

GTX460: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx460fermiseries/gv-n460oc-1gi.html
GTX550: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagtx550tifermiseries/90-c1cqf0-l0uay0yz.html

And for comparison, GT440: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagt440fermiseries/engt440di1gd3.html

I'd swear the price on the latter was around £40 the other day, but it's over £60 now!