[Wine] SWTOR requires 30Gb, wine has only 20 Gb. Allocate memory+?

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Nov 26 10:04:30 CST 2011

"darKoram" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> ah, i wasn't resizing from wine...

I got that, but it sounded as if you were considering trying to run
the Windows "fix NTFS" program under wine.  I suppose it might work,
but I would not be at all surprised if it just made things worse.

> I burned a clonezilla-gparted live cd and then rebooted.
> Gparted just had problems with my NTFS drive for some reason.
> My machine started off as a windows7 box, but it now fails to
> boot, so i moved on to linux about a month ago.

I can think of 2 possible approaches at this point:

* Use your Windows restore CD (which "should" have come with the
  machine) to "repair" the Windows installation.  I've never done
  this, but I would expect that operation to start out by running
  the "fix" utility on the Windows partition(s).

* Delete the NTFS partition, re-create it at the desired size (as
  NTFS, or FAT32, or as a second Linux partition), and then restore
  the data from backup.  I'd suggest not using NTFS, because it
  is likely to be an ongoing pain under Linux with little if any
  benefit if you aren't going to be running Windows any more.  In
  case you do still want the partition to be usable in Windows,
  FAT32 is likely to be better supported than NTFS in Linux.