[Wine] Re: Ubuntu and Windows and Sage.........

ubudunce wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 06:14:53 CDT 2011

I have just seenn this on another forum and, apart from going straight over my head :o, I post it on here in case it gives anyone a clue........

"I’ve just spent a couple of days screaming at Sage Line 50 trying to get it working over a VPN.
 The application finds the data path, allows the user to select a company, but when credentials are entered, it says:

“You have entered an invalid password”.

I’ve checked the credentials at the local site and they work, so spent some time mystified.

Eventually I found the solution, but it had nothing to do with the VPN – it was actually an issue with the directory access that is assigned to the Saqe user.
 If the application is installed by a different user (ie Administrator) then you need to allow Everyone full control access to the /Documents and Settings/All Users and all child objects within."