[Wine] Re: serial communication

ron r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 2 22:01:57 CDT 2012

Thanks for the replies.

The serial hardware is what is on the motherboard(s) - I don't know any more detail.

I tried "ln -s /dev/ttyS0 com1" and there was no error message, but there was no difference either.
I was going to try entering "chmod 777 ." in the /etc/rc.d/rc.local folder, but I did not find that folder while carefully using the file manager.   And I tried this with Ubuntu, Fedora and PC-BSD, each one did not have that exact folder.

I still wonder why one disk installation of ubuntu and wine runs the serial program well, while another disk installation of ubuntu and wine will not see the serial port.

Thank you for any continued suggestions.