[Wine] MS Access Runtime

milesy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 24 01:04:07 CDT 2012

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is a stupid post.  I'm quite new to Linux, wine etc.

A quick bit of background.   I have taken over as IT Manager at a company.  They have Access Front Ends that connect to SQL back ends for all their day to day applications.  All users at remote site TS into a 2003 server and run the front end on that to avoid data corruption.

Of course the system was never licensed, and management don't want to fork out $50k ish for cals, windows, SQL etc. so i'm experimenting with moving to open source.

I have managed to install Centos 6.0, and got wine installed.  I have installed MS 2002 runtime (only gold rated Access version), installed ie7 to fix the trusted location issue and created my ODBC link.

I can open my front end it loads the start-up form.  It can pull the data from my SQL database and populate the list of users (its a login form).

So everything seems good there.  However a simple thing, my buttons don't seem to do anything.  Login or Exit buttons look to click, ie. the press graphic works, but its like there is no code behind them.  There are no errors or anything.

Before I try and install a full version of Access to start debugging, has anyone else tried this?  Is there something I need to install to get the vba to work?

Any ideas would be great.

Milesy.