[Wine] workflow using git for translations

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 05:04:22 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 11:00, fcmartins <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I did a first set of minor translations to become familiar with the process. These changes have been committed in "main" wine git (how do you call it?).

Well there are stable branches: 1.0.x, 1.2.x and (in the future) 1.4.x
The 'main' wine git, you can call it the development branch

> In the meanwhile, I did a bunch of changes. Now I want to create a patch for these changes. I did a
>
>> git stash save
>
> (and I had a copy of the file somewhere else) and then a
>
>> git pull
> Auto-merging po/pt_PT.po
> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in po/pt_PT.po
> Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>
> How can I see the conflicts? I guess they are actually the changes I've sent in the first place.
Those are conflicting changes between your local branch and the upstream branch

> But I'm not sure how to deal with this.
The git documentation explains that. You can see
http://babygnu.blogspot.com/2009/01/resolve-conflicts-in-git.html for
instance

> I also tried:
>
>> git fetch; git rebase origin
> cannot rebase: you have unstaged changes
> U       po/pt_PT.po
> M       po/pt_PT.po
>
> How can I make this work??

commit or stash your changes are retry. You can also read 'man git-rebase'