[Wine] Re: Unable to register the DLL/OCX

spennisi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 10 23:37:52 CST 2012

> > err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
> > err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
> >
> This indicates that something is not correct with your X11 install.
> Which version of X11 are you using, Apple or XQuartz>

I was using Apple XQuartz 2.6.3 but have just download and install XQuartz 2.7.1

> > err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVBVM60.DLL" failed to initialize, aborting
> >

> winetricsk vb6run (you need the Visual Basic 6 runtimes installed
> through the winetricks script.)

I have download Visual Basic 6 runtimes "vbrun60sp5.exe"
I am have issues getting vbrun60sp5.exe to install through winetricks.

sh winetricks vbrun60sp5
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

Am I using the correct code to install vbrun60sp5.exe or do I have another issue?

P.S. Thanks for all the help you have given me so far.