[Wine] Re: Playing Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 14 21:29:54 CST 2012

tyson_m wrote:
> Hello everyone again.
>
> To better help with a possible solution to my problem, here's what I have done so far, leading up to the CD can't be found error I'm experiencing:
>
> 1. Uninstalled Wine Bottler and its accompanying version of  Wine.
> 2. Installed Xcode from my Snow Leopard disc.
> 3. Downloaded and installed MacPorts.
> 4. Configured MacPorts as outlined here: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ (Step 2 of installation)
> 5. Installed Wine using MacPorts (in Terminal, I typed in sudo port install wine)
> 6. Once that was done, and before I proceeded with step 4 of the instructions in #4's link, I logged in as root in Terminal, typed in mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/disk1s1 warcraft2bne. (I made the folder warcraft2bne prior using the mkdir command.)

One item is that we do not support any 'suggestions' other than those in the Applications Database.  Some of these are outdated and in some cases vastly incorrect for the current version of Wine and/or MacOSX.
One comment: It should not be necessary to mount the disk as MacOSX should do this automatically.  Does the disk appear on your Desktop when you load it into to the drive?
James