[Wine] windows drivers on wine

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jun 18 12:21:17 CDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-19 at 01:33 +0915, まちゃぴろ wrote:
> [...]
Short answer: No.

Longer answer:
Wine's job is to intercept Windows system calls and execute one or more
Linux system calls that have the same effect. Then it passes the results
back to your app so it thinks a Windows system call was run. Your app
and Wine are running in userspace. Although some system code runs in
userspace, device drivers are not.

Martin

Windows drivers have a different API to Linux