Wineconf thoughts for next year

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed May 4 07:19:03 CDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 04:33:23AM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> The thought was maybe to try for more rooms or
> more spaces within a large room, and then have
> 'discussion groups', that people can flow in
> and out of, rather than the more formal 'lecture
> style' we ended up with.  (Or perhaps a bit
> of a balance in that).

Certainly a balance would be best IMO. Some presentations
fit the lecture style better than the other. Just giving
up completely on the formal 'lecture style' would be too
much. A bit of formality doesn't hurt, it can give
structure and help people focus on other areas.

I'm sure we can use our good judgment to correctly
designate a presentation as either a lecture or a
Birds of a Feather session.

--
Dimi.