The Wine development release 8.0-rc3 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
The source is available at:
Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
You will find documentation on https://www.winehq.org/documentation
You can also get the current source directly from the git
repository. Check https://www.winehq.org/git for details.
Wine is available thanks to the work of many people. See the file
AUTHORS in the distribution for the complete list.
Bugs fixed in 8.0-rc3 (total 28):
- #35126 AirBuccaneers hangs on exit
- #41339 Minor regression: Wine loads with "/wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: loader_section" errors when creating a new prefix or running an application
- #47438 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night freeze at whitescreen
- #47536 Can't aim in Overwatch after alt-tabbing
- #47828 regedit: Random crashes on selecting an entry (thread-related?)
- #48322 World of Warcraft Classic: Mouse movement can block keydown events from registering
- #49164 Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth crashes after start
- #50519 Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 crash on Wine 6.0
- #52563 d3d11:d3d11 fails in test_dynamic_map_synchronization() on cw-rx460 in Wine
- #52903 Resizing Dn-FamiTracker fails to redraw pattern editor and status bar
- #53101 Public Peer silently exits
- #53403 winegstreamer "flush" removal breaks radio in fallout 3
- #53627 Max Payne: mouse scroll behaves erratically
- #53640 Bully: Scholarship Edition hangs on loading screen and doesn't play intros
- #53680 urlmon:url - test_BindToStorage() fails on Windows <= 8.1
- #53743 Vivisector has graphical glitches
- #53748 Sacred Gold (GOG): missing audio in .wmv videos
- #53752 Rayman 3: glitched graphics (black textures)
- #53785 Need for Speed: Payback crashes on launch with OpenGL renderer
- #53863 Tsui no Stella = Stella of the End: doesn't launch anymore (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)
- #53908 Comptes.exe errors with "dxLockMessage fails"
- #53995 d2d1:d2d1 runs out of GL memory and crashes on the debian 11 VM
- #54023 d3d11:d3d11 - test_dynamic_map_synchronization() fails on w11pro64_nv
- #54049 ddraw:ddraw2 test_texture_wrong_caps test triggers use after free bug
- #54170 20XX: invisible character
- #54184 Multiple applications fail http requests when WinHttpSendRequest() doesn't contain full request data
- #54191 Agarest 1 stopped showing Videos after implementing ASF Reader filter
- #54268 Moving the separator in regedit don't repaint listview
Changes since 8.0-rc2:
Alexandre Julliard (3):
d3d9/tests: Mark a texture sampling test as todo.
d3d9/tests: Mark a render target color test as todo.
d3d9/tests: Fix some activation/focus test failures.
Alistair Leslie-Hughes (2):
xactengine3_7/tests: Skip tests when XACTEngine Initialization fails.
include: Add missing enum XHR_PROP_ values.
André Zwing (3):
advapi32/tests: Don't test function directly when reporting GetLastError().
kernel32/tests: Don't test function directly when reporting GetLastError().
setupapi/tests: Don't test function directly when reporting GetLastError().
Biswapriyo Nath (1):
include: Add missing constants in d3d11.idl.
Eric Pouech (2):
comctl32/tests: Fix failing test on Windows in Arabic UTF-8.
comctl32/test: Adapt the edit tests for height to Win10+.
Floris Renaud (1):
po: Update Dutch translation.
Jinoh Kang (4):
user32/tests: Add tests for CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW.
win32u: Honor CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW when resizing window.
regedit: Use the default WM_PAINT implementation for REGEDIT window.
regedit: Clip siblings when drawing list and tree views.
Nikolay Sivov (1):
comctl32/tests: Ignore some IME messages in monthcal tests.
Philip K. Gisslow (1):
msi: Initialize all members of WINTRUST_DATA.
Piotr Caban (2):
msvcirt: Don't fail in streambuf_xsputn on 0xff character.
msvcirt: Fix ostream_print_char on 0 character.
Rémi Bernon (5):
dinput/tests: Reduce tests verbosity.
dinput/tests: Test W.G.I ramp effect with negative directions.
dinput/tests: Test W.G.I constant effect with negative direction.
dinput/tests: Test W.G.I periodic effect with negative direction.
dinput/tests: Test W.G.I condition effect with negative direction.
Tim Clem (3):
dinput/tests: Test granularity of the mouse z-axis.
dinput: Create object_properties for each mouse axis.
dinput: Add granularity to object_properties.
Vladislav Timonin (1):
comctl32/listview: Exclude header area in WM_NCPAINT.
Zebediah Figura (10):
ntdll/tests: Avoid testing the server pipe signaled state from the main thread.
d3d11/tests: Do not test deferred contexts in test_dynamic_map_synchronization().
d3d9/tests: Test uploading the whole mipmap chain in one map.
d3d8/tests: Test uploading the whole mipmap chain in one map.
wined3d: Load and invalidate every mipmap level when mapping the top mipmap level.
wined3d: Ignore DISCARD and NOOVERWRITE on buffers which are not GPU-accessible.
winegstreamer: Factor out a parser_create() helper.
winegstreamer: Protect the "streaming" member of struct parser with a separate lock.
winegstreamer: Explicitly sleep in the streaming thread when flushing.
d3d8: Filter out redundant buffer discards.
Zhiyi Zhang (1):
d2d1/tests: Fix memory leaks.
Ziqing Hui (2):
mfplat/tests: Test MFGetStrideForBitmapInfoHeader for NV11.
mfplat/tests: Add more RGB24 image size tests.